The flu vaccines for 2019 are now available at Piritahi Hau Ora. Please book an appointment with our nurse to get immunised or drop in
Around a quarter of the population are infected by the Influenza virus every year. Influenza can be anywhere and most people won’t get sick at all, but they can still pass it on to others.
Contact with the virus is almost unavoidable, and while this does not necessarily mean infection, it does mean that you are never far from the possibility of catching influenza.
Benefits of the vaccine
- Flu immunisation is recommended and also offered free to:
- Pregnant women (any trimester)
- People aged 65 years or older
- People with a medical condition that increases their risk of developing complications from influenza
- Children aged 4 years or under who have been hospitalised for respiratory illness or who have a history of significant respiratory illness.
If you do not have one of these eligible conditions, you still benefit from an flu immunisation.
For more information please call our clinic or visit: https://www.fightflu.co.nz