UPDATE: Closing date extended to Sunday 24th Midnight!!
Please email your entries to email@example.com if you are submitting after 4.30pm Friday 22nd
Waiheke Community We Need You!
He karanga atu ki te Hapori o te motu o Waiheke!
Waiheke Island will have a new medical service called Waiheke Oranga Urgent After Hours.
Opening on the 6th of January 2020, this will be an after hours service providing urgent medical care to the community and visitors of Waiheke Island outside of normal clinic hours. Waiheke Oranga Urgent After Hours is a new medical service formed in collaboration between Piritahi Hau Ora Trust and Waiheke Health Trust.
What will this mean for our community?
The new service will operate out of Oneroa Accident and Medical Centre, alongside the motu/island’s existing clinics Piritahi Hau Ora, Oneroa Accident & Medical Centre and Ostend Medical Centre.
Urgent Clinics will operate so you can have access to a Doctor or Nurse:
- Monday to Friday from 5pm to 7pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9:30am – 4:30pm
There will be one set fee for all patients enrolled at either Piritahi Hau Ora, Oneroa Accident & Medical Centre and Ostend Medical Centre.
We are privileged to have such a diverse community full of artistic and creative talent; because of this we are excited to invite you to help us develop a tohu/Logo for our new medical service.
Criteria for Logo:
- Include the name: Waiheke Oranga Urgent After Hours
- Use a maximum of 3 Colours
- Any format for example, digital, hand drawn etc.
- Open to all ages (under 18 years old require parental/guardian permission)
- Accompanied entry form. Download from:
Please send your entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or drop off to Paul Tuvae at Piritahi Hau Ora
Or post to PO Box 588, Oneroa, Waiheke Island, 1081
Entries close: 22nd November
The New Logo will be announced via the The Gulf News on the week of 2nd December 2019
Prize: An exquisite family lunch/dinner to the multi-award winning Three Seven Two Restaurant, Onetangi.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
What is the competition:
- Waiheke Oranga Urgent After Hours (Collaboration between Piritahi Hau Ora Trust and Waiheke Health Trust) is holding a design competition to develop the new entity’s official Logo. Entrants are invited to submit concept designs to the competition for the chance to win a family lunch/dinner worth $500 at Three Seven Two Restaurant in Onetangi and have their design become the official logo, or be included in the official logo.
Who can enter:
- Entry is open to all ages. However, all entrants under the age of 18 years must have approval from a legal guardian or parent to participate in the competition and that legal guardian or parent must countersign the entry form.
- Staff and contractors of Piritahi Hau Ora, Oneroa Accident & Medical Centre and Ostend Medical Centre or any immediate family members are eligible to enter the competition.
How to enter:
To enter the competition:
- You must submit at least one logo concept design drawing for the competition. All entries must be the original work of the individual on the entry form.
- Each design must be accompanied by a completed and signed entry form (Form available online for download).
- Entries can be submitted via:
Email to email@example.com or
Post to PO Box 588, Oneroa, Waiheke Island, 1081 or
Dropped off to Paul Tuvae at Piritahi Hau Ora, 54 Tahatai Rd, Oneroa.
- Emailed files must be no more than 10MB.
- The design can be submitted in any colour or in black and white, a maximum of three colours can be used. Any script used in the logo design must be in an official language of New Zealand.
- Only entries received during the competition period, 7th November 2019 to midnight 22nd November 2019 will be considered.
- You may submit as many entries as you wish as long as they comply with the above points.
- A winning concept design may be chosen by Waiheke Oranga Urgent After Hours (WOUAH) from all qualifying entries and will receive the Prize. WOUAH may decide not to award a winning design at its discretion.
- All entries will be judged by staff from all three clinics Piritahi Hau Ora, Oneroa Accident & Medical Centre and Ostend Medical Centre. The entry with the most votes wins.
- Tie breaker process: In the event two or more entries are drawn for most votes, all staff will again vote on the drawn entries only. This process will continue until an eventual winner is finalised.
- Your design must be original and created specifically for submission to this competition.
- Where a physical copy of a design has been entered, it will not be returned to the entrant and will be destroyed when the competition is concluded.
- By entering this competition the entrant agrees that the opportunity to win the prize is valuable consideration and full and final compensation for all rights in and ownership of the selected design.
- You will complete all documentation and complete all actions reasonably required by WOUAH to give effect to these terms and conditions.
- You agree to WOUAH using your design, at its absolute discretion, to create an official logo. WOUAH may modify the design at its absolute discretion.
- By submitting a design you assign ownership rights to WOUAH and waive all other rights to your design to WOUAH including but not limited to the copyrights, trademarking, intellectual property, merchandising rights, all licenses, and any future or unpaid royalties in exchange for entry into the contest and an opportunity to qualify for the prize offered by WOUAH. You agree to waive all moral rights to be acknowledged as the author in WOUAH’s use of the design, other than publicising the awarding of the prize to your design. This provision also prohibits any personal or commercial use by the entrant of the design without the express written consent of WOUAH.
- You warrant that you have the full legal right to grant WOUAH all rights to use, modify, communicate, transfer and own your design, and that, to your knowledge, your design does not infringe upon the proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- You may not withdraw your design after the close of the competition, or if it is the winning design.
- The winning design will be chosen by WOUAH, through the voting process mentioned above (see Design competition). The winner will receive:
- An exquisite family dinner at the multi-award winning Three Seven Two Restaurant in Onetangi. A value meal of $500, dinner and or lunch.
- Have their design used for the Official logo of WOUAH, as they see fit.
- Entries will be shortlisted by WOUAH and the winner selected by WOUAH. The WOUAH’s decision is final. The winner of the competition will be announced publicly in The Gulf News on the week of the 2nd of December 2019.
- WOUAH will comply with the Privacy Act 1993 in respect of the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information. Information collected in connection with this competition will be held by WOUAH and will not disclose it to any person except for the purposes described in these terms and conditions, or as authorised by the person who the information relates to, or as authorised by law. Information will be held until such time as it is no longer administratively required for the competition. Entrants have the right to access and correct their information.
- By entering the competition, entrants authorise WOUAH to use any personal information collected during the competition for publicity purposes in the media.
- The winner may be asked to provide a short bio to WOUAH for publicity purposes, including a picture.
- By entering the competition entrants confirm they have understood and agree to the terms and conditions of this competition.
- All decisions made by WOUAH in regard to any part of the competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- WOUAH reserves the right to amend, change or cancel the competition and/or the terms and conditions of the competition at any time.
- WOUAH reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered, illegal, inappropriate or illegible entries or entries that do not meet the design criteria.
- Entries received by WOUAH outside of the competition period will not be considered. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed, including as a result of technical, telecommunication, postal or website errors. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
If there are any questions regarding these terms and conditions you may contact us at: