This service is to support, advise and help people and their whanau. It operates from a base of empowering and facilitating opportunities for people to make choices that best suit their need.
This service can assist with:
- Child and family issues
- Parenting education
- Support with health and social issues adversely impacting on people.
- Liaison and advocacy with agencies such as
- Work & Income,
- Ministry of Vulnerable Children,
- Oranga Tamariki
- Health care funders and providers
- Employment related issues
- Information and assistance with accessing appropriate benefits and entitlements
- Linking to other services
- Family violence issues
- Strengthening Families – lead agency
Suicide and Violence Prevention
Facilitation and promotion of strategies to prevent Family Violence and Suicide.
- Lead agency for the collaborative –
It Takes An Island To Care…
- This service facilitates education and has a collective approach in building strategies to address family violence and it’s impact on whanau.
- Works collaboratively with multiple community services across Waiheke Island.
Get Immediate HelpIn an Emergency Call 111
Make an appointment to talk
Contact our reception for more information and bookings, or ask your Nurse or GP for a referral.
Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand: www.mentalhealth.org.nz
Youthline: www.youthline.co.nz 0800 376 633, free txt 234
Youth Depression & Anxiety Support: https://thelowdown.co.nz 0800 111 757, txt 5626
Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) https://www.depression.org.nz
Lifeline: 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland https://www.lifeline.org.nz
This service is provided by
Registered Social Workers.